Mock Job Interview

 Overall, I feel like the mock job interview with Dr. Likens went well. She gave constructive criticism that I made note of and will for sure hold on to for the future. In order to prepare for this interview, I looked over the resources provided for the session. I went through the lists of interview questions and had an answer prepared for almost all of them. I also had different members in my family call them out to me randomly. Although I did take some time in advance for this assignment, I was taken off guard with the question, "What are some benefits you are looking for to go along with this position?". I did not know how to respond to this question at all and in all honesty, I do not remember my exact response, but I do not think it was an appropriate answer. I definitely wish I would have considered that question and had a response prepared. I will remember that question in the future and always be ready for it.  Moving forward in other interviews, I will specify my answers instead of giving broad responses. Sometimes it is much easier to give a generic answer, however, that is not how a company will get to the know the real me or the employee that I will be for them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glyph on Leadership

Mimi's Journey