Maintaining an Internal Locus of Control

After completing this assignment, I want to have even more of an internal locus of control than I currently do. I want to have the reasoning and thought process that I am making my life happen instead of just waiting for it to happen to me. I have control of my life and I plan on utilizing that control. Sure, there are things that happen and are out of my direct control, but I can always choose my response to these situations. There were several statements that I spent some time on before responding and that really made me think. I kept thinking about the pandemic and answering some questions with a more helpless response than I would have prior to COVID-19. As a future practitioner, it is very important to understand the concept of locus of control. Depending on where clients may fall on the continuum between internal and external, they could definitely influence how they respond to treatment and therapy.

I scored middle of the road and after reading the meanings and interpretations, I was not exactly happy with where I stood. It is easy right now in these different times to turn one's head and just accept whatever comes and hope for the best. However, it is needed now more than ever for the average citizen to find their voice and exercise their right to decide and speak out for themself.  There are so many things that seem "unfair" right now, but when I think about it, every single person on the planet is dealing with similar issues because of this virus. The best way to overcome this virus is to focus on what you can do to change your own circumstances for the better and work from there. Make one decision at a time and steer your own car in life. We have the opportunity to share this information and educate our clients.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glyph on Leadership

Health and Wellness for All

Mimi's Journey